Friday, May 8, 2009

Posting is a Result of a Chocolate Meltdown and Maple Blondie

A title idea for my chapbook

Slightly Divertivo

and a couple of poems. (I think I'll expand on two of them. Maybe.)

Facts

There are people who get hit in the head
with an out of control flying monkey bar
and there are people who get catapulted into a barbed wired fence.



FEAR

It vibrates when I step onto the crosswalk
dose(does?) the ground feel like jello?
Sometimes.




OBSERVATION

She got on the bus, and there were four of them.
They were sitting on the left-three were in the front
and one was in the back.
When she went to class
two walked by her as she was climbing the stairs.
When she sat down, one was in front of her.
If he turned around he would have seen the smile.



3 comments:

  1. I "get" fear most of the three except the dose/does line confused me. If you were to expand on one I would personally choose fear because it seems like facts is too "going for the random" intentionally and observation (to me) is borderline high school cheesy (but where you take it can change that obviously). Fear is real and i think capitalizing on your emotions (like your frustration with your dad's plans for your life) is a strong quality you posses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you.

    yeah actually the dose and does thing was because it was late at night and I couldn't spell anything really... I'm fixing that and will probably add more to Fear.

    Again thank you for the comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are wonderful, Annie--esp. the first two, but all of them, really. The most confident and witty work I've seen of yours yet.

    ReplyDelete